Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Summer time and the livin's easy

Although summer doesn't officially begin until June 21st, it's heating up and I am in total summer vacation mode...aka daydreaming daily about my college days where June-Aug meant laying out at the pool covered in tanning oil, drinking cheap beer, dinner if I remembered, outdoor local music almost every night, shopping for clothes I didn't need, an occasional few hours at a part time time job, followed by a late night out with friends...only to wake up and do it all over again. Things sure do change...



Now summer has come to mean: smacking the snooze button if I can even find the darn thing at 7am, putting in that 9-5 up here on the 37th floor of my office building in work clothes and heels that are slightly uncomfortable (but sassy I might add), an occasional outdoor concert if the cover charge or ticket price isn't too high, a good glass of wine (who I am I kdding, the cheap stuff still works ;) with a home cooked meal, and as far as pool time...what pool?? The only pool I see on a daily basis is the one right outside of my office window on the top of some high rise condo that I can't afford. And if on the off chance I do get some pool time in...it's no longer about the tanning oil, but rather about Coppertone Waterproof 30 SPF or higher- terrified of wrinkles. Dang it, I forgot about the dog again- I do feed him and take him for walks I promise!



All that being said..I wouldn't change a thing! I have graduated and am now part of that "grown up world" that seemed so far away for so long. I am renovating a home and building a life with my best friend who also happens to be the love of my life. I am greeted at the door every day by a 3 yr old (21 depending on how you count) who never loves me any more or less than the day before. I am surrounded by a supportive family, and dependable friends. Life's pretty darn good!



I will be devoting the rest of this month's posts to my "Summer Loves" in preparation for the season :)



Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment