Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Southern Treasure....

I didn't think we'd make it. I never thought we'd finish...

Remodeling our house that is! We began demolition on another project at the house this past weekend- THE KITCHEN. It is the LAST of the rooms to be completely gutted and put back together. Next week is 2 years from the date we moved in, and I never thought I would have grown so attached to a house that at first glace.....well let's just say I didn't see her inner beauty and potential ;) BUT we've made it through all the 30 hour weekends spent covered in paint, sand dust, and sweat. We've lived and slept in what felt like a construction site at times, but it's been well worth every minute of it so far. However, my favorite parts of the house are 2 places that haven't been re-done at all..the covered front and back porches. They are both fairly nice in size and I just love sitting out there after work relaxing or during a storm in the summer months.

There will be many Southern Treasures shared in Dixieland Delight but the first is one for the home...long/wrap-around front porches. I love the grand entrance feel that a large front porch gives. There is something Old fashioned about them and full of Southern charm.

My dream home would have a wrap around porch not only on the first level, but a second level one as well with a spectacular view.

These porches below, some simply decorated with little more than a rocking chair or porch swing, others outfitted for entertaining guests and decorated as an additional living room, are all stunning.....Most of the pics are of homes in or just outside of Charleston, SC- one of the most beautiful cities in the South






No comments:

Post a Comment